Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I Do Not Exist

My mind subconsciously feeds me song lyrics that are relevant to whichever situation I am in.
This is something that I just noticed today.

After waking up approximately five seconds ago.

I got a text from my mother, showing a picture of kids in robes and what not.
(you can guess where they were.)
Apparently she took my cousins to see Harry Potter at midnight.
As soon as I read this text I just got
"If you can keep a secret, I've got a blanket in the back seat on my mind"
REALLY WEIRD THING to be thinking when you get a text from your mom that is a picture of 12 year olds.
BUT
I then realized it was from the song Midnight Show by The Killers.

Strange how the almost-human mind works, isn't it?

We desperately need to go to the grocery store. Yes.





In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile, little Moses drifts
downstream in the Nile. A fumbling reply, an awkward rigid laugh, I'm
carried helpless by my floating basket raft. Your flavor in my mind swings back
and forth between sweeter than any wine and bitter as mustard greens, light and
dark as honeydew and pumpernickel bread, the trap I set for you seems to have
caught my leg instead! As you plow some other field try and forget my
name, see what harvest yields, and, supposing
I'd do the same I planted rows of peas but by the first week of July
they should have come up to my knees but they were maybe ankle high. Take
the fingers from your flute to weave your colored yarns and boil down your fruit
to preserves in mason jars, but now the books are overdue and the goats are
underfed, the trap I set for you seems to have caught my leg instead.
You're a door-without-a-key, a field-without-a-fence you made a holy fool of me
and I've thanked you ever since. If she comes circling back we'll end where
we'd begun like two pennies on the train track the train crushed into one.
Or if I'm a crown without a king, if I'm a broken open seed if I come without a
thing, then I come with all I need. No boat out in the blue, no place to
rest your head,the trap I set for you seems to have caught my leg instead!

No comments: