Monday, July 6, 2009

Don't Touch This!

Lack of updates? Definitely.
Why?
Lack of sleep.
Why?
Job.
Of course.
For those of you that don't know, I have started my my externship at Mohonk Mountain House. Seems like a decent place for the most part, yeah?
Exception: being there by 6 am.
Meaning I need to wake up at 4 am.
Can I real quick get a "no bueno!"?
The hour-long car ride doesn't really help, though I have been making it there at exceptional times! Luckily this job hasn't been as bad as I thought and I only came home crying once. Also, I got to make food for Steven King, which is nothing to complain about, really. made some awesome cheesecakes, some blood orange curd tartlets, and quite a lot of other things over these passed few days. And today was my first day off. It was nice to get to sleep in and I am happy to know that I do force myself to wake up by 4:30 now, automatically, which means I am getting used to the schedule. Now if only I could get home at 3:30 like we originally planned, instead of 6:30 or 7:00 like I have been doing recently.
And speaking of the drive there, tomorrow Michele and I are going to get 2 for $3 Egg McMuffins. Hell. Yes. This is an exciting day for me.
We also had our training the other day and oh how I wish I could find the training videos they made us watch. One was about not touching other people's syringes or bloody razors if we happen to come across them while working. so pretty much the whole idea of the video was something along the lines of "Don't put your hands where you can't see them, or you will get AIDS".
Well, if I had a nickle!
Another video was on how not to hurt your back.
Awesome, thanks for telling me all of this now.
On a completely different note, I have found a recent obsession with an incredibly stupid website called Habbo Hotel. It's really lame and rather boring, but it is something to do when I'm just sitting around. It's pretty much like a really ghetto beta version of The Sims. To be perfectly honest, it really isn't even all that fun and to do anything cool you have to pay, which is something I am not willing to do to play a game online.
But I digress.
I finally got to sleep in today, my next day off isn't until next Sunday, so I am going to go look around for something to eat. I'm thinking...bagels.

No comments: