Thursday, July 8, 2010

This Entire Society Needs Rehab.

There have been many many posts around the internet about the state of modern music.
We all know that it is god awful. We all know it is nothing but autotune. We all know that it takes little to no talent to "make it" in the musical world these days.
But there is no point in beating a dead horse.

THOUGH.

I would like to touch on it for just one moment.



Not only is music shitty as all hell,
but the majority of it is sending a wretched message.


It is amazing how even when someone isn't paying attention to what they're listening to, it still sticks in their mind.


I noticed this the other day while I was walking through Michael's.


In the process of purchasing leather string and clamps for jewlery, I heard a young girl, about 7; her brother, about 5; and her mother.

As I was making my selection, I heard the tiny girl's voice singing "Your love, your love, your love is my drug!"



This made me absolutely sick.

First off, that the girl was singing such a stupid thing, secondly, that the mother didn't tell her to shut her little mouth and keep such trash out of it, and thirdly, that her mother let her listen to that putrid, rancid shit in the first place.


Putrid.
rancid.
shit.



I guaruntee you that my children will NOT listen to such wretched music. Especially at that age.
Whether the song is about "love" or not, the last thing I want is my daughter to be admiring some coked out trashy whore or supporting her music.

I need to stop writing about this.
This sickens me.