Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blogapella

Here for my 179th post, I would like to show my appreciation for a'capella music.
Now, I'm not talking about ONE chick that's trying to sing a Paramore song, nor am I referring to groups singing things like Stand By Me.
Usually I try to find a more modern song sung by a group. (preferably not on stage)
There are a few exceptions though.

Yes, a lot of times its pretty goofy sounding.
But good a'capella truly is...well...good.
(Just as bad a'capella is horrid.)
Rarely is there a middle ground, with the exception of comedic a'capella. (Run To The Hills by It's Super Effective, WHAT?)
Playing instruments truly takes a lot of skill, but I feel that orchestrating an a'capella piece takes a lot of coordination, since there are so many parts and voices involved.

My personal favorite would be the Bad Romance cover by the following group of gentlemen.


This newly discovered piece is another favorite.
(Along with a favorite song in general.)
Notice how he sounds almost EXACTLY like Sufjan.


Don't hate me for this one:


Despite the stupid bow on the one girl's head, and the even more stupid song selection, these girls really know how to pull it together.

*Disclaimer; I by no means support Justin Beiber or his fans.

Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah


This one took a lot of searching, as there were a lot of pretty bad covers of this song.



This one is pretty impressive also. Even though usually I don't go for male vocals sung by females


This was a toss-up between two:



and




This was a hard one to find a good version of.
Let me know if you find one that you feel is more impressive.
I liked this one.



If anyone can find an a'capella cover of a Flogging Molly song (that isn't a bunch of kids singing on cellphone quality in pirate costumes and stomping to the beat.), please send it to me.
(Though, the previously mentioned one was pretty cute.)

3 comments:

The Raevyn said...

Haha, that Acapella of Lady Gaga is hilarious! I like how they're all dudes. I bet it's even more amusing to watch in person. It must be really hard to choreograph, and get going in the first place. How do they do it?

Thankyou for the nice comments, it's awesome to know that I've a viewer who enjoys my insane ramblings, hehe.

Darkvalkyr said...

Hahaha, I just read your recent blogs and I have to say - I agree with a lot of things you post up here.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Kelly Its michelle I know the Cimirelli(sp) girls!!! their dad is partners with my dad at the Hospital they have like 14 kids or something I havent seen them in years but you just Fucked my mind with that!!