Thursday, June 3, 2010

Come In To My Parlor

Arachnophobia: the fear of arachnids, more commonly; spiders.

This, thankfully, is one thing I do not suffer from. My boyfriend, on the other hand....

So here today I have written a list to make the little 8 legged creepy-crawlies a little more bearable.



10 Things You Should Be Glad Spiders Can't Do
  1. Fly. Yes, some can sail on threads, others can jump, but let us be thankful that they can't hover, float, fly, or propel themselves through the air. Because that really is the last thing that we need.
  2. Shoot lasers. I don't think I need to touch on this any further
  3. Speak. Luckily enough for us, they can't crawl under our beds and taunt us in our sleep.
  4. Swim. Yes, there are water-striders, but none of them are diving through the depths as a dolphin would, jump through the oceans and rivers.
  5. Communicate with other species. Last thing we need is an army of rats being lead by a spider armada.
  6. Breed with other species. Spider-cat hybrids. That's all I have to say.
  7. Mind control.
  8. Create civilizations
  9. Shoot barbs.
  10. Implant their eggs into your flesh.

1 comment:

The Raevyn said...

Actually spiders can shoot lasers.

..if you're playing the PS1 game Spider. Where a horrible accident causes a scientist to have his mind implanted in a spider's body. And he goes through dozens of levels, trying to get back to his lab, taking out wasps, rats, even scorpions along the way. With his little machete on one leg, his little machine gun on the other, a grenade tucked under the third leg, a rocket launcher under the next one, a flamethrower on the -

You get the idea. I love that game.

That's funny, I'm not scared of spiders either, but I almost wrote a blog entry about their superpowers vs their weaknesses. Hm. Must do that.