Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 6 (Plus some more fun things.)

Day06- Favorite super hero and why
Here we go. This is a good one.


I've always had trouble deciding who my favorite super hero is.
And at the moment it is a cross between 2...or maybe three...

First of I would like to mention Nightcrawler.
(In case you didn't know, he is from X-Men... if you don't know that...I'm not sure why you're reading my blog... but I digress...)

Nightcrawler always interested me, mainly because of his appearance and his abilities. They're pretty cool and his abilities are quite subtle for the most part. The more I learned of him, the more I enjoyed the actual personality of the character, then finally I learned of his history.

He's a cool character that just kind of minds his own business, had a rough life, but has learned to deal with it. (Though this seems to be a trend in most super heroes, to be honest)

My favorite thing about the X-Men though, is how the majority of them were simply born with their abilities. (Granted, some of them mutated themselves in one way or another...)
They weren't bitten by anything strange, injected with a serum, blasted with radiation.
They actually HAVE powers and generally don't have to wear special suits to use them.
They're just... born like that. And people either love them or hate them for it.
Even though they're probably the least human looking out of all of the heroes, I still find that they are the most human in the end.




The other two heroes I will mention are Hellboy and Abe.
I like Hellboy's personality. He's very stubborn, a bit harsh, and tries to be a badass.

But.

He loves cats and candy.
Cats. and. candy.
(and Tecate, but...that's a different story...)

Somehow...I can relate...


And Abe. Abe is just phenomenal. One of the least physical characters I've ever seen (Professor X not included...)
But he's very smart, he's kind and he's shy. The exact opposite of Hellboy, but he is equally, if not more like-able. Trapped in his tank or in a funny suit, kind of falling by the wayside of the world. I just like Abe.

That's all.


(Ps. Cheetara)



And moving on.


A while ago I wrote a blog all about ICE CREAM!

Well, here's another one to add to my list.


The Inside Scoop, Hyde Park, Ny

The Inside Scoop is a near-by ice cream store that we had never visited before, despite the fact that we drive by is almost every day.
Little did we know that not only was it homemade ice cream, but it was also...really really good homemade ice cream...

Service: 9/10
Definitely. The employees were very, very friendly and enthusiastic (but not in the Cold Stone "we'regonnasingforyouandbealittlebitobnoxioussoyouwillgiveustips" kind of way.)
They made nice conversation, gave us a menu and let us try the flavors that we thought were interesting.

Taste:8.5/10
Hands down the best Cotton Candy ice cream I've ever had. I was extremely impressed, especially with the texture.
Their Cake Batter didn't beat the Island Creamery's, though.
But, they had a flavor called "Sponge Bob" and it was really good!


Originality: 8/10. It had a playground outside, the inside looked almost like an arcade/party store without the games and it was very colorful.

Value:8.5/10
We both got two huge scoops of ice cream for a little over 7 dollars. I approve.

Experience:9/10.
Despite not feeling well, we both enjoyed our ice cream and even had enough to take home and eat later!
It was wonderful


Total: 8.6

No comments: