Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny


(Aw, see? They're still cute as can be!)


For the past 4 years many of us have been anxiously awaiting the release of the new My Chemical Romance album. Let me tell you, I've been on the edge of my seat. The constant checking of their websites, the endless hours of research, the tears and sadness with each bit of bad news that seems to precede their latest endeavor.
Finally, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys has been released.

This seems to be a reoccurring trend with me:

Eagerly, I unwrapped the plastic that clung so forcefully to the CD case. The troublesome sticky plastic adhesive strip sealed it shut, making it near impossible to free my prize from it's grasp.
Then, it was free.

I loaded it into the disk player in the car.
First track, so far so good. Second track, I'd heard it before. Third track, I turned it off.
Bullshit.
Complete and total bullshit.
Rage and fury.


Okay, okay. Hold up!


Everyone is wondering what the hell is wrong with me, what I'm smoking, if I'm delusional, etc.

Hear me out.


Way back in the day, I was dating someone.

This someone just to happened to be one of the most psychotic, unhinged, maniacal bunny-boilers I have ever met in my life. God knows why I stuck around so long.
I just so happened to meet this person through a My Chemical Romance fansite. We hit it off right away (when they seemed normal), but then things got ridiculous.
We started up our own fansite, all was fine and dandy. A big part of our relationship actually centered around the band and our love for them.
Then shit got crazy.
Super crazy.
Like, cry under the bed, My Super Ex Girlfriend meets The Exorcist crazy.
We broke up, it was like running naked through hell whilst wrapped in razor-wire.
(Honestly, I would rather do that than deal with this person anymore)

And naturally, as if shit could get any weirder, I pop in this CD, listen to 2 songs, the 3rd song comes around and my ex's NAME was USED IN THE FUCKING SONG.

WHAT THE HELL?!

Of ALL bands and of ALL names, THESE TWO have to somehow mix together?
I still can't figure out how the hell that happened. They say "*name* won't you come back home" or something ridiculous like that.

All of my rage poured out.

It took me a few days to give it another try.
Now I just skip that song.

The rest of the CD is great. Yada-yada.


Basically, its like The Buggles meets the Chili Peppers meets Dr. Manhattan or something.
All whilst infused with a generous amount of Fallout 3-esque themes.
They kept all of their imagery from before, spiders, bullets, hearts, vampires, David Bowie.
So, yeah, they're still doing their thing.
It's no Black Parade, but you really can't even compare the two, because they sound like two different bands that sing with the same (effects/auto tuned?) voice.
Perhaps part of it is the fact that they're drummer is gone, so they have more of a keyboard focus than a drum focus. I do miss that and I was a fan of their drummer.

It's not bad, though, considering that many bands can't keep going after losing a member.


I haven't dug deep enough into it to really understand the concept yet and I haven't paid enough attention to the words to really grasp what's going on. So, perhaps I'll write more about them later on.

No comments: