Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Black Coat, White Shoes, Black Hat, Cadillac. The Boy's A Time Bomb.

Four years later I've finally gotten over something. I dated an abusive Satanist once. (Im not saying that the two go hand in hand, but that's just what he was.) This guy seriously messed me up more than anything anyone could ever imagine. I was at the point where I couldn't listen to certain bands or certain songs because of it, I couldn't read certain comic books and I couldn't watch certain movies. Honestly, I still don't think I will ever be able to drink Fresca again. I was the most depressed person you would ever ever meet. Within the passed two years, I finally got myself to watch Donnie Darko. Within the passed few weeks, I final was able to listen to Operation Ivy and Rancid. I'll still never read Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, simply because I don't have an interest. After all that misery, fear and pain, I finally got over all of that and I'm happy that I can see a song as just a song and a movie as just a movie. It was a great feeling when I found out that I really don't have as much of a problem with the song Time Bomb as I thought I would. I'm sorry that it took four years for that to happen, though. Hopefully I'll know for the future now. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Gnosis BURNS said...

right. i really wanted to avoid making this about me, BUT:

it's just normal. i couldn't listen to several bands for the last years thanks to some "two-timing hippie-wannabe-brat".
it's what our brains do. they avoid hurt and they avoid being reminded of it.
just be glad that you don't have a university to avoid. or your favorite club still being filled with memories. it's like that for me.


general comment:
i somehow enjoy reading your writings. dunno why, but i do.
i would comment on quite a few old posts, but i would hate just agreeing with you.
your blog is a vacation from all the stuff goin' on in my head right now. and i mean that in the most flattering way possible.

Britney$pencer said...

wow, im really happy for you that you got out of that. that guys probably just a big jerk anyways. johnny and the homicidal maniac??