Friday, October 1, 2010

Ho-lloween




























Halloween is coming up.
Oh we're all so excited.

I'm in the process of trying to find a good costume.
Originally, I was thinking of being Jessica Rabbit, but we're having problems finding a good Roger Rabbit costume for Van.
Maybe I'll be a ghoul, from Fallout, or perhaps a Vault 101 resident.

But what I'm wearing is not the point of this blog.

I'm wondering why the hell some of these horrible costumes are made!
At this point in time, female costumes go something like this:

Is it an animal, an occupation, or a fairy-tale character?
Yes?
Okay, use only 2 years of fabric for the costume, add leg warmers and shitty plastic boning in the front.

"Wow! That's a great outfit! What a great idea, to be a hooker for halloween!"
"I'm not a hooker! I'm a lady bug!!! LOL!"
"Oh, I thought those spots were from your herpes! LOL!"

Seriously?


"Who are you this year?"
"Poccahantas! DUH!"
"Oh, Im sorry...I thought you were the girlfriend of one of the Village People..."

I remember, when I was a kid, my mom and grandmother made all of my costumes.

To this day, I don't think I've ever had a pre-packaged, store bought, cheap, skanky piece of shit.

I'm pretty okay with that, too.

Its really not that difficult to put together a good costume without looking like a complete ho.
Seriously! LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO ELMO!!!!

What the hell, bro... what the hell...

2 comments:

phantaaastic said...

We gotta see something more originallllll

Ashelle said...

Nice rant. I agree that most ppl have forgotten the true meaning of Halloween: scares and sugar.