Wednesday, October 20, 2010

There Ain't No Rest For the Wicked

Sagging, tired eyes
What is this thing you speak of?
"Sleep" is what it's called?
I've lost count of how many days it has been since I've slept well. Going to bed at 6:30 am isn't cutting it. For some reason I keep tossing and turning.
Luckily enough, I've been able to keep myself busy.
So far I've nearly completed my Fallout 3 Laser Rifle prop for my Halloween costume. The rest of my outfit is ready to go. Same with Van's.
The other night I worked the midnight release for Fallout New Vegas. What a wonderful time!
Of course I left the store with my collector's edition copy, I haven't had a chance to play it though.
After leaving the midnight release a little later than 1 am, I drove a friend of mine home, then picked up my other friend, Jason, and we drove to Philly.
In the pouring rain.
At 2 am.
Several Full Throttles, a NOS, a Rockstar and a Venom later....
We got to my parents' house at 6 am, just as Dad was leaving for work.
Almost immediately we went to sleep, just to wake up in 4 hours then drive an hour into Center City.
There we waited at the Rock School of Dance to audition to work at DISNEY WORLD!
This was very exciting.
I figured, though, that we would just do some minor acting auditions and get an interview. I was sorely mistaken.
And sore in general.
Turns out we had to dance for approximately 3 hours. Almost non-stop. After being so exhausted (and sick from drinking all those poisons on an empty stomach that morning...), dancing was the LAST thing I needed to do. I was certain that I was going to faint.
The auditions were out at 5 pm. I felt confident and sweaty and ready to collapse.
With eyes drooping and heads nodding, we finally made our way home, ate dinner, then watched the extremely disappointing Scream Awards.
At 8 o'clock this morning, we woke up and made our way back to New York. Traffic was awful, due to ungodly amounts of construction.
I dropped Jason off at his house, then went to Planet New York and added on to my tattoo.
Now, I'm home, sitting on the couch, typing this with my eyes closed, ready to fall asleep. Maybe I'll make cookies for Van tonight, since I just got some chocolate chip cookie dough from Mom.
Or maybe I'll just lay on the floor until someone scoops me up with a giant spatula...

1 comment:

Ashelle said...

Good luck with ur audition! I vote u nap and get Van to make cookies :)