Friday, March 6, 2009

The Cake Is A Lie

Alright mini-rant time.
I have to get ready for class in 15 minutes so we'll see how this one turns out.

okay, so I hardly think I can ever go to class today, there isn't much I would do to be able to avoid it. Thank god I only have 2 weeks left of this one after today, then I can continue on. I liked Baking Techniques a lot better. Ive had this class (Pastry Techniques) for a week now and I honestly want to scalp myself with a potato peeler.
Its not even so much that I mind the class or even my chef, but I honestly cannot stand this girl that Im working with, or two of the other people there.
My partner is SERIOUSLY one of the slowest people I have ever met in my life. I have continuously described her as having the intellectual capacity of half a bag of broken light bulbs. I am also 99% sure that the crusty bowl of Velveeta on my desk has more personality. First off, this girl says that every thing is gross or disgusting.
I pour buttermilk into a bowl and she goes "Ew..thats ger-oss..." She sees gelatin blooming: 'Thanks disgusting..."
I successfully filled an entire tray of eclairs by the time the conquered the oh-so-strenuous task of washing two bowls.
Van said I should talk to her with puppets to help her understand.
And for the passed three days she been talking to the girl in front of us. "Kendra....You wanna watch Gumby later?"

Gumby?...Gumby?!

Go back to preschool, take your purple koolaid with you, and get the hell away from my Panna Cotta.


Then, there's this other girl, Little Miss West Chester who looks like she has two fishhooks pulling her nostrils upward because she is so stuck up. I don't know. Maybe its just her face.
Or maybe its the fact that when the chef said "If you're rich, you can start big, but if you're not, start small" she gave a smug little smirk and looked around to see everyone else's reaction. I'm really not sure what her problem with me is, but its something. And her non-existent sense of humor does not make her any more pleasant.

Then there is one more, who sounds like Snuffeluffagus and looks like a pig bred with the Pillsbury dough boy. Ive yet to see any of her things turn out well and she has an attitude that honestly makes me want to vomit.

So I accidentally dropped my rolling pin as hard as I could across the classroom at her head.
oops.





Not really. I wish.

Anyhow. Off to class. I just really needed to vent about all of that. We'll see if I make it out alive.

1 comment:

Britney$pencer said...

I really hate to be put into positions like that. it would be the funniest thing ive ever heard if you threw a rolling pin at that chicks head, i mean, she probably deserves it anyways. but i guess yoiu'll just have to put up with them and come out the better person.

Do you have AIM or MSN or anything like that? i need to get some advice on something and you seem like a good person to talk to...