Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Let The Bodies Hit The Floor

Awesome luck yesterday. I think not.
Within the first 30 minutes of class I managed to hit the floor. Campus safety took me to the hospital, which was, as usual, a miserable experience.
The doctors, after forgetting about me again, told me that I had passed out for absolutely no reason what so ever. Then sent me back to school after being in a hospital bed for 3+ hours. Quite a large amount of SUCK that was. So much for making carrot cake.
I don't even know what happened. I remember mumbling that I didn't feel too good, getting tunnel vision, then having some really weird dream that I think actually was about carrots. Next thing I know, I wake up and there are people standing around me, the school nurse was already there. First thing she says: "You're really pale."
First thing I say: "Can I have that bucket?" then "Mom's gonna say I have swine flu..."
But lets rewind real quick.
"You're really pale."


...

...naaaaaaaaaah.


"Your heart rate is very low..."



...really?


Random people from the class: "Your eyes stayed open when you went down..."


Maybe I'm a fish.


Anyway.
Took me to the doctor, they covered me in wires and stickers, kept asking me if I wanted a blanket (because there was no POSSIBLE way I could have passed out from heat?) and 2 hours later asked if I was dehydrated and needed to be hooked up to fluids.
Awesome. Way to go St. Francis.

So then I went back to school and ate some chicken tenders.

On the walk back from my dorm there was this HUGE hawk eating baby birds out of a nest. I wish I had a better camera to take a picture with, but all I had was my phone. Oh well.

Not bad for a camera phone.

But I swear, that bird was STARING ME DOWN.
I was going to be his next snack.

3 comments:

Dan Jones said...

Yeah, St. Francis is awesome. After

I went there one night on the request of my mother after I took a header snowboarding. Perhaps telling here I didn't remember falling or getting back up was a bad idea. So I went there at about 9 o clock after we got back from Jiminey Peak. Got out about 1am after sitting in the ER for 2 hrs, 20 minutes in a cat scan and another hour or so waiting for the results.

The 2 hrs i was sitting in the bed, they didnt hook me up to a heart monitor or tell me how to turn the tv on. The next round in the bed, they plugged the shit to me and gave me the remote.

Needless to say, $3000 for a cat scan and a once over is a bit much.

Gnosis BURNS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gnosis BURNS said...

there is no "passing out for no reason". there is not having the right health insurance though. sadly, that's even true in oh so progressive germany. i bet you already figured that carrot cake does not cause unconsciousness and that you should see a doctor that really cares. i don't really know you and i still care. my god, what a compliment.