Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Words Like Silent Raindrops Fell

Music can really do the silliest of things. It is said that smell is the strongest memory trigger, but I would have to say that music is. Yes, smell does trigger memories, but music triggers emotions that are attached to the memories.
I know that every time I smell fruit punch and popcorn I think of the movie theater that I worked at, but every time I hear "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" I think of the people at the movie theater and when this kid there was singing it. I don't know, perhaps it works in two totally different ways.
But, I know that I can no problem smell certain soaps, horse barns, or shampoos without a problem, but I can't listen to My Chemical Romance without gagging, even though they were a favorite band of mine.
I can also smell lunch meat, but can't listen to Less Than Jake.
Its really unusual how things work, I guess. Maybe I don't quite understand it yet. I just think that music holds far more memories and emotions than smells do. But then again, it must work in a different way.
I am rambling and not thinking clearly at the moment. Lets pretend I didn't write any of that.

I have marzipan roses to make! Boooo.
After being out of class for two days I do have bit of catching up to do.

I wonder what ever happened to Brittany Spencer?

No comments: