Sunday, December 14, 2008

Die, Die, Die, My Darling


I would like to quickly write about my moshing experiences.


I've been in quite a few pits. I've had my share of injuries, and I've inflicted quite a few also.

Now, this Misfits show was the first honest-to-blog punk show I've ever been to, with the exception of Warped Tour and Mindless Self Indulgence. (But MSI is a genre within itself, so they don't count.)

I must say that I really really hate punk shows.

Don't get me wrong. It was freaking amazing. It was the most fun I've had in a long time, and it was a spectacular show, but really, I hate those god damned dancers.


I can't stand those assholes that swing their arms around like baboons, charge around like rhinoceros, and act like animals. I can;t stand it. It seems like they go into a pit to hurt each other, not to have a good time. Hell, I'd rather be in a hardcore pit, because at least they just windmill and circle. They don't charge around like raging retards. In the metal pits, there is just a bunch of jumping and throwing and shoving. You generally don't have to worry about getting punched in the throat unless you're doing something stupid. These punk assholes just like to throw their fists around, I think.


Thankfully there wasn't too much of that for the Misfits, just a lot of crowd surfing and bouncing about. But my god. There was a band called You And What Army and my god, I just wanted to nuke the whole damn crowd because they were just being asses. Some dumb ass decided to wear a leather vest and the entire back of it was covered in metal spikes. He looked like a meat tenderizer. And he just charged around like he was after a matador and he looked like an ignorant douchbag.

Now, they were more on the hardcore side than on the punk side.

But holy shit. I doubt I will ever go into a punk pit. They're just pointless.

Though I will always love punk music more than anything else, I'm going to have to go toward the metal side when it comes to pits.

No comments: