Thursday, December 25, 2008

LOOK! GRANDMA'S UP TO BAT!


My dad got my mom a Wii for Christmas. And I'm happy about that. I couldn't really afford to get anyone anything good this year, and I feel bad. I would have bought that Wii if I had the money to , but I just don't. I was going to do it anyway, but Mom probably would have returned it. So I got her a Carrie Underwood CD and I got my dad a book and some candy. They seemed to like that... so that's good. The games are pretty cool, even though it is a Nintendo... (Here is where you're supposed to imagine a menacing glare.)
My mom seemed to really like it. She played for a few hours, actually. Then made dinner. Then played more. Haha. The best part is that you can make little characters to look like you, or however you want, So we made them look like my mom, my dad, my grandma and grandpa, our neighbor friends, and then I made them look like the guys from My Chemical Romance, and the band members from Mindless Self Indulgence. I must say that it is pretty hilarious seeing my grandmother step up to bat, hit a double, and then see Gerard Way dive for the ball. It seems like its going to be a fun system to have.


They got me a lot of nice things, too. Lots of winter clothes, which is good because I don't have any at all. I only have short sleeve clothes and all of my jeans are three years old, at least. So that was really nice. And they got me books. I love books. It doesn't seem like it really, because I don't seem like a very smart person, but I actually really like reading. I got The Great Gatsby, The Old Man and the Sea, The Chocolate War, and Nick And Norah's Infinite Play List. My friend Julie told me that Nick and Norah's... is a good book, so I guess I'll see. I'm just happy that I got The Great Gatsby. I also got a handful of Cd's, which is always perfect, Got Famous Monsters by The Misfits! It has all the songs that they sung at the concert, so it's wonderful. I got a few others things too, but I don't really find it necessary to talk about all of it, because honestly I feel guilty that I couldn't get everyone nicer things. I had almost 15 people to shop for and I really just don't have the money to buy all of that. Hopefully I'll get a good job and makes good money and be able to buy people cool things. I don't know. Or maybe I'll just have to make people presents for the rest of my life? We'll see...

1 comment:

Britney$pencer said...

I'm picturing this sweet old grandma figure getting up out of her chair and grabbing the Wii controller out of someones hand and just totally owning everyone at that game haha. And after everyones tired of losing, she runs (well, maybe walks fast paced ) around the living room shaking her little granny fists at everyone and going, "YEAHH, thats right bithces!"