Sunday, December 21, 2008

Why yes, that is Earthworm Jim on my bicep...

After searching and searching for pictures of tattoos (oh I just saw everyone that reads this cringe because they know where this is going...) I decided that there are FAR too many Nintendo tattoos. Now, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Nintendo, but I've always been a SEGA girl. Always. We have a Genesis that's probably older than me. And I still play it. And its definitely in my dorm room, ready to rock its pixels out. Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Sonic the Hedgehog, Earthworm Jim and Battle Toads definitely dominated my childhood. I don't think there is anything that I've like for this long other than maybe food and cats. So a decided a while ago that I am getting a sleeve of SEGA Genesis games. What more could I gamer girl ask for?!

So, I've been looking at tattoo sleeves and all I see is Nintendo! This disappoints me. The one remotely SEGA one (no pun intended...well...actually...yeah. Pun intended) was this:




Just this one same guy. (He might be my soul mate...?) And then another with just the SEGA logo, and two Sonic related tattoos.


NOT. GOOD. ENOUGH.



I am getting a sleeve of a TON of games. I don't know how much room I'll have on my skinny arm, but I do have a few necessities: 1. Zombies Ate My Neighbors; 2. Sonic the Hedgehog; 3.Battletoads; 4. Echo the Dolphin; and 5. Earthworm Jim. I'm sure I'll get the controller too, or perhaps just the ABC start buttons and D-pad. Perhaps I will get the logo too. SEGA in great, blue letters. Perhaps also the little birds from Flicky.


My only problem is this: Do I want to get the characters that look like the game covers, or do I want them to be like the characters on the TV?


Example:



or





or



I think I would want the covers more than he game-play version. The only problem is when it gets to Zombies Ate My Neighbors.


Observe:







or

Game play version, obviously. So maybe I'll have to do a combo of both.

Either way, you Nintendo nerds don't stand a CHANCE!

1 comment:

Britney$pencer said...

wow...
thats really all i can say haha. This is an AWESOMLY AMAZING idea. Two thumbs way up for trying to be diffrent. Maybe you could tell a tattoo artist what you want and they could sketch it out for you and see if you like it. Well i hope you and Jenny have a fantastic relationship. I remember trying to play a Zelda game on my cousin Jasons Sega, but i sucked haha, i couldnt go anywhere =S.