Sunday, December 14, 2008

Jerry Be Praised



I will state that the Misfits concert was a success.


One of the best days of my life.


That is usually how it is when I go to concerts. I always have the best days of my life when I go to concerts. This was no exception. This, although not the best concert I've ever seen, may have been my best concert experience.


There were about nine different bands there. I saw...8 of them...7 of them, I think. Two stages. Not much running back and forth, which was good.

The Misfits went on at 11 PM. Last band to go. And oh was it worth it!
They played a ton of songs, I knew most of them. Unfortunately they did not play Saturday Night like I had hoped, but they did play Helena and Last Caress. Along with Astro Zombies and Forbidden Zone. So it was definitely exciting.

While they were on, I ended up literally throwing at least 7 different people. Some kids just don't know how to act. So I feel the need to teach them. They get a hands on learning experience. Which also means getting their face thrown into the ground. Then they learn.

Yay!

I understand that everyone goes just to see the band and everyone pays to go see them, but that does NOT mean that its okay for them to act like an asshole to other people, that paid the same amount of money to see them same band. That is a problem, to me.

I'm good at fixing problems.

BUT!
The plethora of assholes was well worth the end results.


As I stood in the crowd, not too far from the stage, I grinned like a fool and danced. No moshing for me. I go to see the band, not to get beat up. I only do that if I don't know the bands well, so its usually in the opening. There will be more on moshing later.


But I stood and I grinned and as I did, Mr. Jerry Only kept looking over at me. Throughout the entire show he pointed at me, gestured to me, tried to get me to sing (which I did), threw his water on me, and at one point even smiled when I did. this was good. Eye contact was held throughout most of the show.


After they played their last song, Jerry stayed on stage and walked around, shaking hands and signing things. I looked around to see that everything I had was black. Nothing to sign. This was a problem. After deciding it would be too trashy to have him sign my bra, I realized that my shirt was two layered. A white under layer. Of course I ripped off part of it with my teeth and scurried up to the front of the pit. I stood and smiled up at him. He noticed. I've gotten good at this. He then walked over to me and asked how I was doing. I said "fantastic". He then took my scrap of fabric and signed it. As I was getting ready to walk away, he said "wait!" I stopped and looked up again. He then reached up to his face and rubbed some of his black eye makeup off onto his finger. Without skipping a beat he then leaned forward and smeared it on my forehead.


I have been blessed by Jerry Only.



EEEEP! EEP! EEP! EEP!


Now I can die in peace.





No comments: