Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Am Willing To Let The Jetset Life Kill Me

Its been a few days. I've been sick. It blows. Ah well.

I have two goals. Two major goals. One being bigger than the other.

1. Go see the Misfits this weekend. I really need to go get tickets and find someone to go with, but at this point, I'd walk to the venue and go by myself. Its important. Sure it is fun to go to shows with friends and cheer and have a great time, but I really go to see the band, not make conversation. Maybe that sounds really horrible, but if I wanted to just hang out with my friends, a concert would not be the best place...I'd say pick somewhere like the Starbucks in Barns And Noble or something. Or maybe a pool-hall? I don't know. When I go to a concert, I got for the music and the music ONLY.
But anyway. The Misfits are the last band I need to see before I die. Yeah, sure, there are other ones that I wouldn't mind seeing, such as Wu-Tang,The Weakerthans, Leathermouth, Dr. Acula, Marilyn Manson and Protest The Hero, but they really aren't 100% necessary. I've already seen all the other ones I needed to (My Chemical Romance, Queen, Mindless Self Indulgence, Spice Girls [hell yes.], Horrorpops [Hell Yeah!], Taking Back Sunday and mewithoutYou.) some more than once. There have been bands that I was supposed to see up to five times (cough, My Chemical Romance) but things went horribly wrong. (Such as mothers thinking they were a bad influence [funny now she likes them and we listen to them in the car], food poisoning, fear that they were going to drop dead at the show AFTER the food poisoning, outrageous snow and the inability to get there. Thankfully I FINALLY made it to two of their shows. And now that I live in two different places, I'll get to see them a few more times when they start touring again. Oh shit. Tangent.)
Damn. Where was I?
OH! Bands.
I really do love the Misfits. There is something slightly 'b-movie" about them and it's fantastic. Who would think? They really are the last band I need to see before I die. With my luck, I'll get struck by lightning as soon as I stepped out of the venue. But I think I'd be okay with that.


Next on the list:


2. Get a role in The Umbrella Academy movie. I would go to ridiculous lengths just to get a walk-on. RIDICULOUS. Though I would LOVE to play The Rumor. But, I can deal with walk on or extra. Or even just scooting around the set with a tray of little sandwiches and redbull for the cast. I don't care.

I honestly think that I am supposed to be acting. I really do. I miss it so much and its something that is continuously changing. When you act, you're never just doing the same thing. Its always something different. And that's perfect for someone like me who can't sit still. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy cooking and baking. This is the profession that will keep me going and stable and guarantee a career for me in the future. Though, I would love more than anything to act.
I think I'm going to finish my associates in baking, then go on to do acting instead, because that it what I really want to do. I just feel like if I stop with culinary now, I'll never really get the job. I'll be stuck doing something I hate. I feel like this is what will help me get by in life. Unless I somehow become a famous actress. And we all know how likely that is. I don't know. I wish it weren't so out of reach. Being a train-ride away from Manhattan is fantastic, only problem is that it makes me that much farther from LA. Maybe someone with great connections will stumble upon this or something. If someone ever contacted me about acting in a feature film, I would drop everything but my pants and hop on the next plane to whatever location.

Hell, I would even miss the Misfits show.

No comments: