Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Its Just One Of Those Days, You Know?

I'm so happy I decided to stay in school.
A few months ago I almost dropped out and tried to make a living cooking and cleaning for rent. But I didn't. I decided to stick it out and I started classes again and I'm doing okay.
Today I made a cake from scratch for the first time and it turned out wonderfully.
Actually, when Iwas whipping the eggs and sugar together, it exploded everywhere. I was mixing it in the mixer and it was increasing in volume. Its supposed to increase to 8-10 times, then start settling. Well...mine seems to have increased about...oh, I don't know.... 30 times and began overflowing.
So I went to my super German chef and go "Chef! My eggs! I think theyre getting ready to blast off into outerspace!"
He replies "No...I don't think so..."
"No, Chef! Its gonna blow!"
and sure enough, we have egg-foam overflow.
But, my cakes did turn out AMAZING after all that.
Mm. yummy.
And the inside of my poundcake was the best out of everyone's. The outside looked a little funny, but the inside was phenominal, as were my corn muffins.
And I'm making angelfood cake and ladyfingers tomorrow. So that will be exciting.
It was generally a good day, I guess. I was kind of in a funk after I messed up the eggfoam. I messed up a lot of things after that. But it was okay, for the most part I guess.
My buddy gave me a plastic toy sea-otter because he knows I'm afraid of them. I named him Fredrick.
Anyway. I'm going to sleep now because I'm planning on actually waking up at a normal time in the morning.
goodnight, blog.

No comments: