Friday, February 20, 2009

Those Pies Sure Do Put Up A Fight, Chef...

I had my ass royally kicked by a bunch of pie last night. I'm not even kidding. 3 kinds of pie crust, 3 kinds of filling, topped, baked and finished, scaling out puff pastry dough and mixing sweet roll dough, plus lecture in 5 hours. Can I just mention that I ALMOST DIED?! I decided that I was going to make a chocolate cream pie, because I'M A GOOD GIRLFRIEND and that's what Van mentioned that he liked. And I was the only one that made chocolate pastry cream and I scaled it all by eye and pretty much invented a new recipe (turned out pretty good though. wooohoo). Hopefully the whole pie turns out nice. Also made coconut custard and strawberry rhubarb. In the end, I finally finished, exclaimed "YATTA!" and wanted to collapse.
"Those pie sure do put up a fight, chef..."
"Yes. They do."

No comments: